Week two is up, and I am happy to report that I lost 2 pounds!
It was a tough week all around. I had to travel all day on Thursday, but managed to still eat clean. I really aimed to buckle down on the portion sizes and eating 5 meals a day. I even brought my own leftover veggie rice noodles to eat on the plane, and while I’m sure no one else appreciated the fragrant onions and garlic, I was happy to have stuck to my plan!
I also kept it up at the gym. Saturday morning, I took a step aerobics class for the first time since the 90’s. It should have been called “kick” because that’s what it did to my body! The instructor did a phenomenal job of mixing things up with step, weights, Bosu, and abs. I have to say that the biggest motivator for me was keeping up with my 60-something mom! Kudos to you, Sue (and happy birthday!).
What I learned this week:
- Buy re-usable containers in the sizes you need to help you keep proper portions. Don’t be cheap! Once you have them, they make life way easier.
- Mix up your workout as often as you can! I can’t believe that a step aerobics class challenged me as much as it did. Working out with a friend helps too!
- Persistence pays! The scale finally moved!
My goals for Week 3:
- I’m going for the Vegan Meal Plan this week! That means paying extra attention to ingredients, avoiding too much processed vegetarian fare, and keeping track of carbs. Tosca’s vegan meal plan in The Eat Clean Diet book is excellent and motivated me to go back to being a super-veg for the week!
- 6 work outs this week!
- Lose another 2 pounds. This isn’t going to be easy, but I really want it!
I’ll check in to keep you posted on the week, workouts, and what I’m eating. I feel a recipe or two coming on as well 😉
Check out this article on Jessica Simpson’s extreme vegan diet to see how to do it right!
Would you go vegan to lose weight?
The Eat Clean Diet isn’t the only thing conditioning my body back into shape. I have been hitting the gym regularly and HARD!
The worst part about beginning to weight train and exercise again is the pain that comes with the process of building up muscle strength and endurance. You feel like you got hit by a Mack truck!
These “training pains” are a very important and unavoidable phase of getting in shape. There’s actually a name for this process: conditioning. Since I haven’t completely been out of the gym, I am re-charging my body with some intense weight and cardio combos.
Here’s an example of today’s workout, which was created for me by Dr. Nicholas Vendemia. He’s a NYC Plastic Surgeon with years of experience in the fitness industry, including a ongoing collaboration with the trainers of Equinox Gyms in Manhattan. Continue reading
I want to be a “25” again before I turn “35“. If you’re thinking, “Don’t we all?”, you’re probably around the same age as me, and dreaming of your wild nights out and being able to survive on 4 hours of sleep every night. What I really mean though, is that I have a pair of ultra sexy, J Brand jeans that are a size “25“, and I did fit in them when I bought them 2 years ago (in my 30’s!). Now, they just lay there, patiently waiting to go out one night, like a lonely housewife.
My plan of action:
- try a new diet every 30 days
- hit the gym regularly
- take control of my body for the rest of my life!
This is The Princess Project; follow me to learn, laugh, and lose!
It’s one of the greatest weekends of the year in NYC!
The Big Apple BBQ Block Party is all about meat, meat, and MORE meat… and believe me, there’s way more meat than you could ever eat.
Too many calories? Absolutely! Worth every bite? You bet!
Take a look at the damage I did today:
- Pulled Pork: 2 freakin’ delicious servings = 800 calories
- Home-made Sausage: 2 monster-size links = 850 calories
- Beef Brisket: 1 super tender serving = 305 calories
- Soft Roll: 1/2 serving = 80 calories
- BBQ Sauce: 5 servings (10tbsp) = 350 calories
- BBQ Beans: 1/2 serving = 100 calories
- Coleslaw: 1 serving = 65 calories
- Blueberry Cobbler a la mode: 1 serving = 450 calories
TOTAL = 3000 calories!!!
Now take a look at my exercise options to make up for this superstar Pigout!
- Treadmill: 4 hours
- Stepmill: 4.6 hours
- Stairmaster: 6 hours
- Stationary Bike: 7.1 hours
- Weightlifting: 11 hours
- Yoga: 13 hours
See you later… I gotta get to the gym!
Here’s some pics from today:
Check out this cover of Shape Mag… Kim Kardashian looks like she’s in the best shape of her life! Congrats Kim… you look great! With the success of her workout video Fit In Your Jeans By Friday, and with new commitment to exercise and a healthy diet, Kim is quickly making a name for herself in the fitness industry.
“l’ll be one of those skinny girls, so what?”, Kim says. With a great attitude like that, we don’t think could have made a better choice for their cover model. You don’t need to be a skinny mini to be healthy… just determined. Kim’s right when she says “there’s nothing easy about being fit and healthy”, but there’s no better feeling than being in the best shape of your life!
Click here to check out her Shape fitness routine. And click here to read more great articles about Kim.
Take a look at Kim’s butt workout (something she’s definitely known for!)