It was a tough week all around. I had to travel all day on Thursday, but managed to still eat clean. I really aimed to buckle down on the portion sizes and eating 5 meals a day. I even brought my own leftover veggie rice noodles to eat on the plane, and while I’m sure no one else appreciated the fragrant onions and garlic, I was happy to have stuck to my plan!
I also kept it up at the gym. Saturday morning, I took a step aerobics class for the first time since the 90’s. It should have been called “kick” because that’s what it did to my body! The instructor did a phenomenal job of mixing things up with step, weights, Bosu, and abs. I have to say that the biggest motivator for me was keeping up with my 60-something mom! Kudos to you, Sue (and happy birthday!).
What I learned this week:
- Buy re-usable containers in the sizes you need to help you keep proper portions. Don’t be cheap! Once you have them, they make life way easier.
- Mix up your workout as often as you can! I can’t believe that a step aerobics class challenged me as much as it did. Working out with a friend helps too!
- Persistence pays! The scale finally moved!
My goals for Week 3:
- I’m going for the Vegan Meal Plan this week! That means paying extra attention to ingredients, avoiding too much processed vegetarian fare, and keeping track of carbs. Tosca’s vegan meal plan in The Eat Clean Diet book is excellent and motivated me to go back to being a super-veg for the week!
- 6 work outs this week!
- Lose another 2 pounds. This isn’t going to be easy, but I really want it!
I’ll check in to keep you posted on the week, workouts, and what I’m eating. I feel a recipe or two coming on as well 😉
Check out this article on Jessica Simpson’s extreme vegan diet to see how to do it right!
Would you go vegan to lose weight?