Jennifer Lopez looked super fit at the World Music Awards in Monaco! There’s no doubt that her slim sexy arms helped her pull off this fabulous animal print dress.
Keep reading to discover the 4 components of great arms like J.Lo!
Everyone loves those cute little girl muscles on the front of your arms. “Make a muscle”… that’s the bicep. This muscle lets you curl your arm up towards your mouth, like when you are taking a bite of your dinner. Any movement that mimics this motion will develop your biceps, but here’s a list of our favorite gym exercises:
- Standing Dumbbell Bicep Curls (3 sets of 20 reps, 8lb dumbbells)
- Standing Dumbbell Hammer Curls (3 sets of 15 reps, 8lb dumbbells)
- Concentration Curls (2 sets of 15 reps, 5lb dumbbells)
The triceps are the “horseshoe” muscle on the back of the arm that you can see when you straighten your arm as hard as you can. Here are the best moves to add into your routine:
- Pushups (3 sets of as many as you can do)
- Dumbbell Kickbacks (3 sets of 15 reps, 5lb dumbbells)
- Cable Tricep Pushdowns (2 sets of 15 reps)
The deltoid is the muscle on the side of the arm that really makes a dress look fantastic! This muscle works when you raise your arm out to the side, or when you push something straight up over your head. Try these awesome exercises for great shoulders:
- Dumbbell Side Lateral Raises (3 sets of 15 reps, 5lb dumbbells)
- Dumbbell Front Raises (3 sets of 15 reps, 5lb dumbbells)
It doesn’t matter how well your muscles are developed if you can see them, right? That means that your routine doesn’t stop after you leave the gym. A clean diet to get rid of unnecessary bodyfat is just as important as a good selection of arm exercises. Try these quick tips to cut some calories without even thinking about it:
- Get rid of juice and soda
- Get rid of condiments, dressings and sauces
- Don’t keep snack foods in house (you can’t eat them if they aren’t there)
- Eat breakfast (you’re less likely to binge if you’re not starving all morning)
- Brush your teeth right after dinner so your less tempted to snack before bed
You can’t have great arms without great individual parts. All these muscles create that definition that we all love to look at, and without a clean diet you’ll never see them. A balanced arm workout routine, and a good diet plan will put you on the red carpet in no time!
Questions or Comments? Feel free… we love hearing from you!
Photo Credit: HuffPO